Vitamin IV Therapy: The Basics
If you’ve recently wondered “What is vitamin IV therapy anyway?”, here’s your source for information. Vitamin IV therapy (a.k.a. IV therapy, IV nutritional therapy, IV nutrient therapy, IV nutrition and intravenous therapy) is a popular type of therapy used for a variety of health benefits. Traditionally, this type of IV therapy has been used to complement patients undergoing cancer care, which was designed to help enhance their health during treatment.
What Is Vitamin IV Therapy Used For Today?
Today, it’s used more commonly for patients striving for improved health, whether that be to help avoid the next flu virus or simply to have more energy throughout the day. It’s believed to be completely safe, effective and restorative. In a perfect world, we’d all drink enough fluids and get the appropriate nutrients we need every day. However, that’s not always an attainable goal to achieve. Because of this, many people depend on a solution that can help complement a good diet and proper hydration for living as our healthiest selves.
IV vitamin therapy can be very helpful in supporting a healthy, nourished body. Common uses for vitamin IV nutritional therapy include:
- – Age Management
- – Immune System Enhancement
- – Illness Prevention
- – Energy Boost
- – Detoxification
- – Artery Cleansing
- – And More
Possible Benefits of IV Nutrition:
- – Boosts energy
- – Detoxifies the body
- – Enhances the immune system
- – Helps prevent illness
- – Decreases artery plaque
- – Combats chronic fatigue
- – Improves the effects of hangovers
- – Reverses symptoms of malnutrition
- – Assists with age management
- – Helps treat Parkinson’s disease
What Nutrients Are Administered?
IV nutrition consists of a variety of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients that work together to produce significant results. The process involves a customized drip of intravenous vitamin therapy treatment designed to suit each patient’s unique needs.
Some common infusions used include:
At Olympia Pharmacy, we offer several IV nutrient therapy solutions to choose from, which can be customized to help boost energy, prevent illness, enhance the immune system, reverse chronic fatigue, reverse the effects of malnutrition and much more. Olympia also offers pre-formulated kits to make getting started with IV therapy easier.
How Is IV Nutritional Therapy Performed?
Vitamin IV therapy is performed by injecting a mixture of potent vitamins, minerals and other nutrients directly into the bloodstream—providing quick, effective results. Therapy is administered at a medical office under the supervision of a trained medical professional. IV nutrition can also be specially customized to fit the unique needs of each individual patient and should be discussed with a physician prior to receiving treatment.
At Olympia, we offer a variety of IV kits that are designed to address different things. We offer:
- – Brainstorm: May improve overall brain function, increase memory recall and certain aspects of learning
- – Immunity: May strengthen your immune system and feel better faster
- – Myer’s Cocktail: May reduce seasonal allergies, fatigue, and inflammation, and restore natural balance
- – Inner Beauty: May reduce appearance of wrinkles, acne and tired skin
- – Recovery & Performance: May decrease recovery time and enhance your athletic performance
- – Get-Up-And-Go: May burn fat, feel energized and boost your metabolism
- – Alleviate: May reduce bloating, irritability, abdominal discomfort and more
- – Quench: May help hydrate and combat fatigue
- – Reboot: May help combat hangover-related symptoms like dehydration, headache and nausea
In addition to prepared kits, we also offer IV nutritional therapy medications that can be purchased and customized separately.
How to Get Started with IV Nutritional Therapy
To learn how to offer this service at your medical practice, choose Olympia to be the IV pharmacy to get you started. Contact us today to learn more.